Driving during rain has always been challenging to both beginner and experienced drivers. The reason being quite simple though-the risk and hazards of wet roads prove to be a nerve-wracking experience to many drivers and that’s why taking precautionary measures becomes necessary. Being a responsible driver, you must have the ability to deal with adverse weather conditions and especially at times of heavy downpour.
Take a tour with this guide to know a few tips and tricks for a safe driving experience during rain.
Precautionary Measures to Be Followed by Every Driver
- First and most importantly, professional driving school in Macquarie Park & Burwood always suggests new drivers to keep speed limits in check, especially while driving during rain.
- Maintain a safe distance from cars ahead and around you to prevent risk of collision.
- Stay focussed when driving on slippery roads. Check for brake lights and keep an eye to your front and rear mirrors to avoid accidents.
- Allow heavy vehicles such as bus, trucks, to pass as otherwise the fumes exerted might distract your vision.
- Lastly, while driving during rain, don’t forget to turn on your headlights. By doing so, you can apprehend the on-road hazards and take necessary action to prevent accidents.
Before You Head Out Here’s What You Need to Do
Driving during wet weather requires smart access of the main controls such as steering, clutch, brake and accelerator. If you are going out with your car on a rainy day, your shoes will likely become wet and slip off the pedals. So, all you need is to scuff the soles possibly on a rubber mat before switching on the engine and check whether the headlights or brakes are functioning properly.
Give Your Tires a Thorough Check
Being a beginner, driving during rain may seem to be adventurous, but at the same time, you should not forget that your life runs on wheels. Therefore, you need to do all the necessary checks, including your car’s internal components to ensure they are functioning properly. The instructors of driving school in Mt Druitt always recommend to inspect the condition of tires before driving on slippery roads and in case of a bald tire, they suggest opting for an immediate replacement to ensure complete safety.
Make Sure Your Wipers Are Working
Windshield wipers play a crucial role while driving during rain and so, you should always check the condition of your wipers and replace them if needed to ensure your safety is not compromised while driving during extreme climatic conditions. Distorted wipers fail to clear off water droplets and distract your vision.
Hone Your Driving Skills with Us!
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced driver, these above-mentioned driving tips can help you stay safe behind the wheels. At LicencePlus Driving School, we comprise of a team of skilled, professional and experienced driving instructors who impart practical driving lessons to drivers of all age groups and develop safe driving habits to ensure you become a confident driver within a few months. So if you have a passion for driving and want to become a responsible driver, get in touch with us now!